Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cherry Blossoms

It's our first Spring in DC, and that means cherry blossoms.
I have to admit, the festival has been one thing I've been looking forward to ever since we found out we were moving down here. Sadly, it actually SNOWED the first weekend of the festival, and the weather has pretty much sucked ever since.
Sunday morning I woke up to sun and ok temperatures, so we decided to head into the city that afternoon. Honestly? Bit of a disappointment. The sun vanished, the blossoms had already gone from bright pink to a dull gray and the crowds were pretty ridiculous. Despite being overall bummed...it was still a nice afternoon. DC is a really pretty city, and seeing so many trees in bloom all at once was still really pretty.
I did manage to shoot a few photos, mostly of my boys, which was a bit of a triumph considering the amount of people.
The blossoms:

I'm pretty sure they taught us NOT to juxtapose stuff like this in Photo 101, but oh well, it made me happy:

And of course, my good little Irish boy:

No comments:

Post a Comment